COMFORT. SECURITY. CONVENIENCE.
A permanently installed Cummins home generator protects your home automatically. A home backup generator delivers power directly to your home’s electrical system, backing up your entire home or just the most essential items. Lawson and Lawson Electric is an authorized Cummins dealer with all of our tech’s factory trained at the Cummins School. To schedule a free quote, call Nikki or Alexis at (850) 562-4111.
For all generator contracts, a 50% deposit is required upfront and 50% at job completion.
- Give us a call to inquire about our whole home standby generator and schedule a free in-home assessment with Alexis or Nikki.
- One of our estimators will visit your home with an analysis of the Cummins Home Standby Generators that includes a step-by-step of how the system works, and establish the most cost-effective location for the generator as well as the transfer process. Typically, each install takes between 2-8 days. The 13, 17, and 20 kw air-cooled units take 2-3 days, and the larger liquid-cooled units can take 5-8 days depending on the installation. Each installation is job specific so the process and time may vary. Each installation must require a permit. To obtain the permit, we must submit engineered load calculations, site plans, and riser diagrams. The desired generator size is based on the needs and wants of the customer and the required load calculation required for permitting. Gas connections will be included in the Lawson and Lawson estimate. Scheduling with gas contractors and city or county inspectors will also be handled. To ensure the most quality service for our customer, Lawson and Lawson partners with reputable gas contractors, like Keith McNeill Plumbing, for natural gas and Quality Morris Propane for propane connections.
- After the in-home assessment, we will layout the load calculation to ensure the generator is sized correctly and work up an estimate which will be emailed directly to you.
- Once the cost is agreed upon, we require a signed proposal. A deposit of 50% will cover the cost of the unit, and if you fall under county jurisdiction, the county building department requires an ownership affidavit be signed and notarized. Lawson and Lawson will take care of this step as well.
- Lawson and Lawson will then draft all the engineered load calcs, riser diagrams, and site plans and submit them with the building permit applications. Lawson and Lawson will coordinate with the gas contractor to do the same for permitting. Currently, city permits are taking a month to go through the review process and be issued while the county is taking about three weeks to be issued.
- Once the permits are issued, we are cleared to start the installation. Lawson and Lawson will contact you to schedule the installation. Typically, we will begin the install within two weeks.
- On the first day of the install, we will set the generator in place and begin installing the needed circuitry. If it’s a larger liquid-cooled generator we will form the mounting pad in order to get it ready for the concrete pour. On our next visit, we will disconnect the power from the home while we install the transfer switch next to the existing electrical meter. A city or county inspection would take place that afternoon to restore power to the home.
- The following day we will finish up the installation, start up and run a test on the generator, then get the final inspection and certificate of completion from the city and county. A final walkthrough will be done with you, with an explanation of the system and how it works. Final payment is due after the installation is 100% completed.
- Cummins Quiet ConnectTM Series – RS 13KW,17KW,20KW Spec Sheet
- Cummins Quiet ConnectTM Series RS25 Specs
- Cummins Quiet ConnectTM Series RS30 Specs
- Cummins Quiet ConnectTM Series RS36 Specs
- Cummins Quiet ConnectTM RS40 Specs
- Cummins Quiet ConnectTM RS50 Specs
- Cummins Quiet ConnectTM RS60 Specs
- Cummins Quiet ConnectTM RS80 Specs
- Cummins Quiet ConnectTM RS100 Specs
- Cummins Quiet ConnectTM RS125 Specs
- Cummins Quiet ConnectTM RS150 Specs
- Cummins RA Series Transfer Switch Specs
Cummins Portable Generators
- Cummins Onan_P2500i Portable Specs
- Cummins Onan_P4500i Portable Specs
- Cummins Onan_P9500df Specs
- Cummins Portables Accessories Sheet